Mario Alberto Zambrano Abrego is a member of Santos Elizondo since 1998 and has been a partner in the firm since 2009. For more than 20 years his practice has focused mainly on (i) general counsel, emphasizing in finding solutions for complex issues regarding business-commercial law, property right arrangements, and regulatory matters, and (ii) counseling regarding commercial operations and arrangements of financial structures and debt with national and foreign concerned parties, including design of strategy for negotiation and implementation of vehicles for purchase or sale, development and funding of projects regarding energy law and regulatory matters, administrative and public finance law, including lobbying and management of issues before federal, state and municipal authorities. His practice has been distinguished for representing important national and foreign groups, including families on their operations in Mexico, and mainly for his creative problem-solving skills and contributions in all kinds of issues that arise to clients.
Some of the clients he has represented are Altregy Consulting, Askoll, Capital Natural, Fitch Ratings, Global Telesourcing, Global Finishing Solutions, Holland, Iconn, Infosys, Infrisa, Inusa, Kia, Kloeckner Metals, Merbain Consulting, Packsys, Plastypel, Resguardo Asset Management and has been legal advisor in the following important transaction, among others:
- Process for purchase or sale of commercial operations up to UScy$150 million.
- Incorporating legal entities with foreign investment up to UScy$1,500 million.
- Negotiations of diverse contracts (supply, debt, joint ventures, trusts, shareholder’s agreements, guarantee agreements, lease) for amounts up to UScy$250 million.
- Finding resolution for complex issues regarding national and/or foreign concerned parties.
In 1997, Mr. Zambrano Abrego graduated with a Law degree from Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education. Later, in 2002, he completed a master’s degree in law (LL.M.) (emphasizing on international and corporate matters) at Harvard University of Cambridge, MA. Subsequently, he has completed various courses regarding trending and newest updates to commercial, administrative, banking and securities law.
As well, Mr. Zambrano Abrego has been advisor and member of various board of trustees for assistance and academic institutions such as EFFETA, COMUNIDAR, and AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals), and as well for organizations like Coparmex, Club Harvard de Monterrey and Club Rotario Monterrey Metropolitano.
- General legal counsel
- Negotiation and dispute resolution
- Foreign investments
- Commercial matters and corporate-business law
- Design and arrangements of financial structures and banking operations
- Energy, administrative and public finance law
- Government affairs
- Master’s Degree in Law (LL.M.) at Harvard University of Cambridge, MA (2002)
- Law degree from Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (1997)