We are a firm with more than 50 years offering legal services.
We have specialists in each of the following practice areas:
Corporate and Company Law
- General counseling regarding companies corporate structure.
- Counseling regarding incorporation of companies and structuring business groups and their related parties.
- Counseling drafting build-to-suit bylaws and their corporate structures to fit client necessities.
- Drafting, negotiation and counsel regarding shareholder’s agreements.
- Foreign Investment regulatory compliance.
- Structuring investment and funding vehicles.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategy, negotiation, counsel, follow up and execution of corporate transactions.
- Stock purchase agreement and asset purchase agreement.
- Merger and acquisitions meetings minute.
- Due diligence regarding general legal counsel, regulatory and transactional compliance.
- Counseling regarding sale and purchase of assets and stock.
- Designing Joint Ventures.
- Counseling and continuous follow-up regarding transnational transactions
Estate Planning and inheritance procedures
- Counseling on planning Estates.
- Companies with different series of shares and rights.
- Estate trusts.
- Legal implementation of family protocols through shareholder’s agreements and bylaw amendments.
- Dissolution of marital property along with agreements and asset arrangements.
- Conditioned and/or life interest.
- Structuring, counseling and follow up of real estate projects.
- Real estate trusts.
- Counseling on urban legal guidelines and, in general, regulatory matters of urban development.
- Counseling on obtaining funds.
- Assessments regarding labor contingencies and risk in developments.
- Purchase and sale or lease of all sorts of property.
- Counseling regarding condominium property regime.
- Management and counseling regarding permits and permission upon natural gas and electricity authorities.
- Design and arrangement of power supply and commercialization projects.
- Design and arrangement of expenditure and distribution of natural gas projects.
- Regulatory counseling regarding energy matters to regulatory agencies.
- Negotiation and lobbying with state entities, e.g. Federal Electricity Commission (Comisión Federal de Electricidad) and Pemex.
- Negotiation and conflict settlements regarding small property owners, “ejido communities” and communities.
Industrial and Intellectual Property
- Counseling, registration, maintenance and follow up regarding industrial and intellectual property applications (trademarks, commercial names, patents, etc.) upon the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (“Instituto Mexicano de la Propiedad Industrial” “IMPI”).
- Counseling, registration, maintenance and follow up regarding applications regarding copyright interests upon the National Copyright Institute (“Instituto Nacional de Derechos de Autor” “INDA”).
- Maintenance and follow up regarding administrative proceedings upon IMPI.
- Litigation and conflict settlements regarding industrial and intellectual property.
Banking and Financial
- Counseling, negotiation, inquiry and drafting documents regarding credits, syndicated credit and other types of funding agreements.
- Design and arrangement of debt warranties, including drafting trusts for those matters.
- Design and arrangements of financial structures and banking operations.
- National and international debt restructuring.
- Regulatory counseling to financial or auxiliary entities, including management and follow up to applications upon National Banking and Securities Commission (“Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores” “CNBV”), as well upon the National Protection for Users of Financial Services Commission (“Comisión Nacional para la Protección y Defensa de los Usuarios de los Servicios Financieros” “CONDUSEF”).
Labor and Migratory.
- Preventive and corrective counseling.
- Due diligence in corporate transactions.
- Assessment regarding outsourcing labor regime.
- Design and arrangement of strategies for termination of labor contracts.
- Counseling and drafting of labor contracts, non disclosure agreements and non competes, and other documentation regarding labor matters.
- Counseling and maintenance for applications upon the National Migratory Institute (“Instituto Nacional de Migración” “INM”).
- Counseling regarding visas.
- Maintenance and follow through of proceeding upon migratory authorities.
- Counseling, maintenance and follow up on criminal proceedings in representation of defendants or victims of crime.
- Management, counseling and maintenance regarding subpoenas, integration of investigation file, filings of complaints or lawsuits and whichever other action with respect to criminal proceeding.
- Maintenance and follow up on criminal proceedings.
- Negotiation by means of alternative dispute resolution.
- In general, apply our experience based knowledge and expertise regarding the new accusatory system of criminal justice.
Civil and Family
- Civil proceedings in any of its stages.
- Suits regarding leases and any kind of assets or real property.
- Proceedings regarding credit and mortgages.
- Counseling and maintenance on negotiation and dispute on family matters, including divorce, parental rights, custody, child support and alimony, relations, among others.
- Probate proceeding.
Administrative and Urban Development.
- Conflicts regarding public tender and grants.
- Whichever proceedings regarding urban developments, including without limiting, administrative constitutional litigation, annulment proceedings against rejecting rulings of licenses or permits, etc.
- Confront closures and adjournments.
- Administrative proceedings and trials regarding intellectual property.
- Attend individual labor proceedings.
- Attend summons to strike.
- Negotiations with labor unions.
- Defense strategy formulation for specific trials.
- Maintenance and periodic follow up with clients regarding active trials.
- Employment termination notice.
- Maintenance and follow up of trials regarding commercial loans, promissory notes, cheques, purchase orders, invoices, merchandise, INCOTERMS, merchant agreements, and whichever other disputes in between persons who participate in commerce.
- Disputes between shareholders, officers, board members and others related to commercial entities.
- Counseling, maintenance and follow up on issues regarding the execution, ruling or dispute between trust parties.
- Disputes regarding insurance and bonds.
- Defense and counseling upon any audit, verification or determination of tax credits.
- Assessment, maintenance and follow up to whichever proceedings regarding tax matters.
- Counseling regarding administrative customs matters procedures (PAMA).
- Constitutional litigation and other jurisdictional actions to counter any laws that determine such taxes.
- Filing, maintenance, and assessment regarding constitutional litigation claims and their stages.
- Counseling in constitutional litigation matters.
- Maintenance and follow up with execution of rulings.
Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Counseling regarding maintenance and settlement of disputes upon arbitration.
- Representation in arbitration proceedings.
- Maintenance and follow up regarding execution of arbitration awards.
- Annulment proceedings for arbitration awards.
- Assessment and follow up in homologation of awards ruled abroad.